Herbal remedy for Dandruff. Learn Dandruff herbal remedy you can use at home for effective turnaround.
Medicinal herbs can provide natural, safer remedies to dozens of common ailments. So also Dandruff.
All are safe and effective, but be sure to discuss any herbs you are taking with your doctor. Some herbal remedies can interact with medications.
Herbal Remedy Note:
The herbal home remedies below are meant to be simple to make using ingredients that are readily available. The best thing about these recipes is that they can be customized to the individual.
Herbal medicine, also called botanical medicine or phytomedicine, refers to using a plant's seeds, berries, roots, leaves, bark, or flowers for medicinal purposes.
Herbal medicine is more cost-effective than modern medicine, it's easier to obtain and it has several health benefits that are comparable to modern pharmaceuticals. Some of the most well-known and most used herbs include garlic, ginger, turmeric, saw palmetto, wort and aloe vera.
To ensure quality and potency in your herbal remedies, why not grow your own? Learn to concoct simple home remedies with easy-to-grow medicinal herbs such as peppermint and thyme.
What is Dandruff?Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp (not to be confused with a dry scalp). Dandruff is sometimes caused by frequent exposure to extreme heat and cold.Dandruff is a common scalp disorder affecting almost half of the population at the pre-puberty age and of any gender and ethnicity. In some cultures dandruff is considered aesthetically displeasing. It often causes itching.
It has been well established that keratinocytes play a key role in the expression and generation of immunological reactions during dandruff formation. The severity of dandruff may fluctuate with season as it often worsens in winter. Dandruff occurs when skin cells renew themselves and the old cells are shed, producing irritating white flakes. Some people tend to generate and discard skin cells at a faster rate than others. Dandruff can be caused by trauma, illness, hormonal disorders, improper diet ( specially the consumption of carbohydrates and sugar ), deficiency of nutrients such as, B- Complex Vitamins, essential fatty acids, and selenium. Dandruff is worst during the winter. There is no cure for Dandruff, but you can minimized the condition with some powerful Natural remedies.
As we all know it is a embarrassing problem, because it is very noticeable, and very itchy and sore if we do not treat it rapidly. There are many factors and conditions that can cause flaky, itchy skin, such as:
- Dermatitis (Eczema)
- Dry skin (but flakes from dry skin are generally smaller and less oily than those caused by dandruff)
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Cradle cap (most common in newborns)
- Contact dermatitis
- Hormonal fluctuations; stress; neurological disorders, (such as Parkinson's disease); a weakened immune system; those recovering from a stroke or heart attack, infrequent shampooing and extra sensitivity to the fungus that may contribute to the development of dandruff may make an individual more susceptible to the condition.
- Other influencing factors include age (Dandruff usually begins in young adulthood and continues through middle age) and gender (more men than women have dandruff, men also have larger sebaceous glands that produce an oil called sebum).
While Dandruff is a chronic condition, it can almost always be controlled. Over the counter dandruff shampoos may succeed in the short term and prescription shampoos containing Zinc pyrithione, Tar-based shampoos, salicylic acid, Selenium sulfide and Ketoconazole may have side effects or worsen the condition – over drying the skin and causing irritation. Steroid lotions may also be prescribed, but may be too harsh for sensitive scalps.
- Use flaxseed oil, primrose oil or salmon oil, they help relieve itching and inflammation. Also they promote healthy skin and scalp.
- Mix of two portions of Asteraceae leaves juice and 1 portion of sesame seed oil. Heat these together and filter the oil after it becomes good mixture. Massage your scalp with this oil and wait for 2 to 3 hours of time. This procedure will helps to remove dandruff completely.
- Mix the water with pulp extracted from Balanites Aegyptiaca fruit till you see foam. Apply this mixture to hair scalp and wash you hair after some time helps to remove dandruff.
- Fenugreek paste applied on the scalp an hour before taking bath helps to overcome Dandruff problem.
- Applying Lemon juice on the scalp for an hour before taking bath helps to overcome Dandruff.
- sour curd applied on the scalp 10 minutes before taking bath helps to get rid of Dandruff.
- Soap nut used for washing hair helps to get relief from Dandruff.
- Indian gooseberries paste applied on the scalp before taking bath helps to get relief from Dandruff
- Gram flour mixed with curd applied on the scalp before bath helps to remove Dandruff.
- Boiled Beetroot leaves used for washing hairs helps to get rid of Dandruff.
- Regular oil message on the scalp helps to get relief from Dandruff.
- Neem paste or sweet neem paste mixed with Basil paste applied on the sclap helps to remove Dandruff.
- Grinded pigeon pea applied on the scalp before taking bath helps to remove Dandruff.
- Applying Crushed raw papaya (papita)paste on the scalp 10 minutes before taking bath is very helpful.this process assists in the exfoliation of dandruff flakes and slow down fungal growth. papaya contains enzyme papain which is very helpful in reducing dandruff and hair fall problem.
- Boil the fresh neem leaves in water for 1/2 hour. Filter the liquid & cool, apply the juice on hair and soak for 10 minutes. Wash it away while bathing.
- Take kelp, improves the hair growth and heals the scalp.
- Take Vitamin B complex + extra Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12, all the B vitamins are needed to obtain a healthy skin and hair.
- TakeSelenium, is a antioxidant to aid in controlling dry scalp.
- Take Vitamin E, improves the circulation of the blood.
- Take Vitamin A, helps prevent dry skin and promote the healing of tissue.
- Take Vitamin C + Bioflavonoids, is an important antioxidant that prevent tissue damage to thescalp and is a good healing.
- To rinse your hair use and infusion of Chaparral or Thyme, is more gentle in your hair.
- Hair washed with methi seed paste prevents dandruff, falling hair, baldness and dandruff keeping the hair long, healthy and black. Just soak the fenugreek seeds overnight in water to soften the seeds and grind in the morning to make paste. Before hair wash, apply this paste on scalp and hair and leave it on for half an hour. Wash off with shampoo later.
- Beat two eggs and add two tablespoons of water to it. Wet the hair and apply the egg mixture over the hair. Now massage your scalp and let the mixture on for ten minutes to fifteen minutes. Then rinse the hair with lukewarm water. This will keep both dandruff and hair fall problem away from you.
- Soak a few (4-5) tablets of camphor in your hair oil (coconut) to keep away dandruff and lice.
- To get rid of dandruff apply the following mixture of once or twice a week. Keep for 20- 25 minutes before washing off with a mild soap or shampoo. Warm together, 1 tbsp. curds, 2 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. lemon juice.
- Herbal conditioner for dandruff: 1 pint of water, 1 tsp. of burdock root, 1 tsp. of calendula flowers, 1 tsp. of chamomile flowers, 1 tsp. of lavender flowers, 1 tsp. of rosemary leaves, 1 tbs. of vinegar, 6 drops of sage essential oil. And boil water and pour over herbs. Steep for 20 minutes strain and add vinegar. Apply after shampooing do not rinse out.
- Eat a balanced diet including at least 50 to 70% of raw food.
- Avoid dairy products, fried foods, flour, chocolate, nuts, seafood and sugar.
- Make a paste mixing 8 tbs. of pure organic peanut oil and the juice of half a lemon. Before washing your hair apply the mixture and rub it into your scalp. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then shampoo your hair as usual.
- To rinse your hair use 1/4 cup of vinegar mixed with 1/4 cup of water.
- Do not pick or scratch your scalp, it would make the dandruff worst.
- Try to use a non oily shampoo, and wash it frequently. Use natural products that do not have any chemicals. Every time before washing your hair massage the scalp gently with your fingers.
- Avoid using soaps, greasy ointments and creams.
- Make a celery tonic dandruff boiling a liter of water once reached the boiling point, added a few stems and leaves celery. It is boiling for five minutes, allowed to settle and applied to the scalp
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon cool which will be applied after shampooing (when you are rinsing your hair) that will make the hair has an intense shine shine viscosity but also removes and prevents dandruff.
- Boil in water the roots of beetroot (especially the most recommended to combat dandruff is white), and this water should be massaged on the scalp with the fingertips every night.
- Dilute cider vinegar with an equal amount of water and apply this mixture which must be added to the rinse water.
- Prepare a rinse with three tablespoons dried thyme in a cup of water which must boil for 10 minutes. Pour the mixture over the hair clean and free rinsing. Apply this preparation every time you wash your hair.
- Expose the scalp to the sun, a maximum of 30 minutes, early in the morning or after 4 pm. The Sun has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin that is shed.
- Prepare a treatment with a tablespoon of almond oil which should be warm. Separate the hair and apply directly on the scalp with a cotton ball. Putting a plastic cap and leave on for 30 minutes. After that time, you wash your hair. Importantly, this treatment should only be applied once a week to loosen the scales and improve scalp. Doing more times for the risk that harms the condition rather than helping.
- Massage, covering the entire head with small circular movements, scalp oil with two tablespoons of pure roasted sesame previously temperate. Then wash the hair with a mild shampoo and rinsed to remove the preparation. Perform this action at least three times a week.
- Do not neglect the condition. Many people do not mind when dandruff and itchy just scratched. However, not paying attention to dandruff can cause flaking accumulate in creating more itchy scalp, thereby increasing craving for scratching which may damage, over time, the scalp.
- Eating a diet of fruit and vegetables. The person with dandruff should consume a diet with emphasis on raw foods, especially fruits and vegetables
- Avoid tea, coffee, refined foods, canned and processed The person with dandruff should avoid eating meat, sugar, white flour, tea or coffee, condiments, refined and processed foods are avoided everyone.
- Massaging the scalp daily using for that purpose to the fingertips. This should be done just before or after brushing the hair which will activate the circulation improving the condition of dandruff.
- Keep hair and scalp clean In order to avoid accumulation of dead cells
- Brush daily to improve circulation the most effective way of brushing your hair is to bend forward at the waist with his head toward the ground and then brushing the nape of the neck to the head.