NYSC Portal enables you to register as a fresh graduate; login to the NYSC Portal; visit official NYSC portal portal.nysc.org.ng and main site www.nysc.gov.ng. See how to make corrections to your data on NYSC portal and apply for various services.
However, while this post get you acquainted to what you might find useful in the course of registration on NYSC portal, how you login and perform other vital activities on your profile.In short, this post shall discuss
- How to register on NYSC Portal
- How to make corrections o NYSC Portal
- How to collect NYSC Certificate of Exemption
- How to make replacement for lost certificates
- And more information concerning NYSC
NYSC Portal Registration Guidelines
- Make sure your name is in your school Senate List
- Goto NYSC portal and register
- For foreign students, You’ll need to upload a scan of the following documents – first degree certificate, transcript of first degree, West African School Certificate/GCE/NECO or High School Diploma (if applicable), International Passport and letters of verification (for graduates of Institutions in Ghana, Benin Republic and any other Institution whose accreditation is in doubt).
- Also for Foreign Students, have it in mind that you are not expected to go to NYSC Headquarters, Abuja to verify your documents. They’ll be inspected at the Orientation Camp. So take along the originals.
- More so, If you’re married and have no desire to be separated from your partner; you’ll be expected to upload the following documents – marriage certificate, evidence of change of name, document showing your spouse’s place of residence, your husband’s ID card and Newspaper change of name.
- To medical students, you’ll be expected to upload your registration certificates issued by the respective councils – Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (NMDCN), Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) and Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria. After uploading your documents, wait for your Call up letter.
- While, call up letters will be released online for those who paid the amount expected to be paid upon online registration.
NYSC Portal Correction Guides
Correction of Date of Birth
Since the set of 2017 Batch 'A' online registration, the information from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) are been used to effect changes on the NYSC portal. Meanwhile, the procedure is as follows:
- Login to your dashboard and click on the link to Date of Birth
- Enter WAEC Verification PIN, select WAEC Type, Year of exam and enter your Examination Number
- Click on Verify button
- Click SUBMIT or CANCEL
Correction Of Course of StudyThe Following are the Procedures for Correction Of Course Of Study On The NYSC Platform.
- Login to your dashboard and click on the link for Correction of Course of Study;
- Select Course of Study; and
- Click SUBMIT
How to Collect Certificate Of Exemption
Home Trained GraduatesThe process begins from the Corps Producing Institutions.
- The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
- Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
Foreign Trained Graduates
- The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
- Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
- Please note:
- Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.
- Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.
Replacement of Certificate of ExemptionIn the case of loss of Certificate of Exemption, the following steps are to be taken.
Replacement for Home Trained Graduates
- A letter of notification/request routed through the Institution of graduation and addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
Replacement for Foreign Trained Graduates
- A letter of notification/request addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
- Police Extract/Report
- Court Affidavit
- Photocopy of International passport
- Where available, the copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is an organization set up by the Nigerian government to involve the country's graduates in the development of the country. There is no military conscription in Nigeria , but since 1973 graduates of universities and later polytechnics have been required to take part in the National Youth Service Corps program for one year.
"Corp" members are posted to cities far from their city of origin. They are expected to mix with people of other tribes, social and family backgrounds, to learn the culture of the indigenes in the place they are posted to. This action is aimed at bringing about unity in the country and to help youths appreciate other ethnic groups. There is an "orientation" period of approximately three weeks spent in a military controlled boot "camp" away from family and friends. There is also a "passing out ceremony" at the end of the year and primary assignment followed by one month of vacation.