Pimples or better still Acne is an inflammatory disorder of the sebaceous (oil) glands, located under the skin. Acne begins to affect several body parts, face, back, neck or chest. All of these types of acne can be treated with natural home remedies. Using home remedies for acne eliminates the side effects of prescription drugs.
Acne is one of the most common skin problems affecting millions of people across the World. It occurs when a group of pimples, blemishes or zits crop up on your skin. Zits appear on the skin mainly because of an infection or an inflammation in the sebaceous glands. At times you may notice a single bump or zit, bit in most cases, zits appear in a group or in clusters. You may experience an outbreak of zits as a one off. However, several people suffer from acne on a regular basis. In case of a chronic acne problem, you are likely to see new acne lesions crop up on your skin, even before the old ones heal completely and disappear. This could be quite frustrating for anyone.
Studies indicate that zits are a lot more common in teenagers and young adults, as compared to most others. In most cases, acne and zits are not a serious problem as they never really cause any complications. However, zits could cause you a lot of embarrassment and can also lead to a decline in self-confidence. Acne and blemishes not only leave their mark on your skin; they also do a lot of damage to your self-image. Fortunately, it is possible to deal with zits and get them treated, so that they disappear, without leaving any marks or scars. Moreover, there are many ways in which zits can be prevented. You can do so, by making a few simple dietary or lifestyle changes and by following a skincare routine.
Tips to prevent AcneThere are a number of tips to help you care for acne and prevent breakouts and scars:
- Wash your face twice a day with warm water and a mild soap or gentle pH balanced cleanser, then apply a moisturizer for acne prone type skin
- Eat a healthy, well balanced diet which includes fresh fruit and vegetables
- Drink eight glasses of water a day to flush the toxins from the body
- Exercise regularly to increase oxygen to the skin which can help to reduce acne
- Reduce your caffeine intake
- Avoid touching your face with your fingers and never pop pimples as this will only lead to swelling and scarring
- Remove make-up before going to bed as it clogs the pores
- Shampoo hair more regularly and keep it out of your face to prevent oil and dirt from clogging the pores
- Shower after exercise and workouts because the sweat and the oils in the skin traps dirt and bacteria
- Avoid wearing clothes that may irritate the skin if acne develops on your body
- Wear a sunscreen when you go outside
- Stop smoking as it worsens acne
In acne, hormone imbalance overstimulates the skin's oil glands, making it particularly common during infancy, adolescence, menses and menopause. Underlying factors include nutritional deficiencies, hypoglycemia, stressed adrenals, food allergies and environmental toxins. Though these skin infections are caused by bacteria, they indicate a toxic overload in this, the body's largest detoxification organ.
Eliminating as much waste per day as the kidneys, the skin must take over when other detox organs, such as the colon and liver, are not functioning up to par. Poor liver function also increases the buildup of acne-producing steroids in the body. Suppression with antibiotics or topical treatments have significant side effects and are hardly a cure.
Herbs and home remedies for acne with natural antibacterial effects can be used alongside those that strengthen the immune system and improve various detoxification pathways—especially the liver and intestines. Elimination of dairy, coffee and individual dietary allergens is crucial. Appropriate plants are also needed to restore hormonal balance. Locally, calendula, witch hazel, tea tree oil or Hauschka or Weleda products are beneficial and non-suppressive.
Home remedies for acne
- For acne on the back take orally and apply directly on the affected area Colloidal silver, it's used as a natural antibiotic.
- Kitchen remedies for acne.Take garlic capsules, they boost the immune system and kill the bacteria found in acne.
- To help the liver eliminate toxins from the blood, take Burdock root and dandelion which contain inulin. This helps to kill bacteria thus improving the skin.
- Take the homeopathic remedies Kali bromatum, Sulphur, Antimonium tartaricum, Herpa sulphuris. These help to prevent the formation of pimples or quickly bring them to a head.
- Use Lavender oil to apply directly on the acne area.
- Severe acne remedies. Put Tea tree oil on the acne affected skin. This is a natural antibiotic. It will destroy a broad range of invading microorganisms, as effectively as benzol peroxide, but without side effects. It reduces redness, itchiness and stinging.
- Eat foods high in fiber. This will keep the colon clean.
- Eat Shellfish, soybeans, sunflower seeds, and nuts, these are all rich in zinc which is and antibacterial.
- Take 2 spoons of water and mix with 1 spoon of olive oil and mix well, then apply to face, leave it some time. It is good for acne control and skin glow.
- Take aloe vera 'juice' and mix with honey and stored in fridge, It will store up to 1 week, then apply paste to face with cotton. It helps to skin health and control acne.
- Take 1/4 spoon honey and 1 table spoon face wash, small amount of glycerine and mix well, then apply the paste to face and leave it some time. Then clean with luke warm water, it helps to remove acne and dead skin.
- Take white fluid in the egg and mix with honey and apply to face as a mask and leave it some time, then wash the face with light hot water. It removes acne and it is also good for skin tightening.
- Take 1 table spoon of ground nut oil with 1 tbsp lime juice, then apply to face. It is good for prevent to formation of pimples.
- Toothpaste do removes Acne
- Sometimes pimples have itching, that time to prevent for itching use this tip. Take toothpaste or calamine lotion and apply over the pimple and leave it some hours. It dried the pimple.
- Take some pods of cloves and then fry them without oil and make a fine form of powder, then add curd and make a paste. Applying over the pimples helps to dry the pimples.
- Applying papaya (pawpawy milk on face helps to remove acne or pimples.
- Make a fine form of paste of Saunf and then add lemon juice to it. Applying of this mixture to the face daily helps to remove acne or pimples. Your face will glow naturally. This is very useful homemade home remedy for acne or pimples.
- Sandalwood paste applied on the face helps to overcome Acne and remove its scars.
- Cucumber juice mixed with lemon juice applied on the pimples helps to get relief from acne and acne scars.
- Acne treatment using Pudina
- Mint juice applied on the face also helps to get relief from acne and acne scars.
- Water boiled with neem leaves used for taking steam helps in reducing acne and acne Scars.
- Gram Flour mixed with butter milk applied on the face reduces acne and acne scars.
- Note: Does gram flour irritate acne skin ? The answer is no. As the gram flour is good ingredient for skin shining and also helps in the treatment of acne skin.
- Raw Papaya (pawpaw) paste applied on the face helps to cure acne.
- Nutmeg grinded with milk applied on the face helps a lot in reducing acne and acne scars. So nutmeg and milk cure acne very fast.
- Powdered dry orange skin applied as a paste or orange skin rubbed on the face helps to remove acne scars.
- Does neem cure scar on face? Water boiled with neem leaves used for washing face removes extra oil from the face and reduces pimple or acne scar on face.
- Tomato rubbed on the face or tomato juice applied on the face helps to remove acne scars.
- Aloe vera (Gwar Patha) is a best medicine for pimples or acne. Aloe vera leaf rubbed on the face removes acne and acne scars.
- And lastly, Carom seeds (Ajwain) grinded with curd applied on the face also helps to get rid of acne or pimples.